Upholstery Cleaning Specials
Right now, SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello is offering specials on upholstery cleaning. For only $149.95, SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello will clean any 3 pieces of furniture in your home or business. This service is normally $270, so schedule your appointment today! SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello will also clean a sectional sofa for $129.95, which is valued at $180.
Call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello today to schedule an appointment for an upholstery cleaning at (770) 267-0023!
*Minimum service charge of $125.00 REQUIRED for all cleaning services. Sectional sofas excluded from ANY 3 PIECES offer. Upholstered furniture only. Offer not redeemable for cash. May not be combined with any other offer. Good only in our franchise area: Clarke, Oglethorpe, Jackson, Madison, Oconee, Barrow, Walton, Morgan, Greene, and Jasper counties. Expires 8/31/2018*
When Storms or Floods hit Monroe, Madison, & Monticello, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Monroe, Madison & Monticello, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 770-267-0023
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello Hiring Experienced Production Technician
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello- Fire & Water Cleanup has immediate openings in our Emergency Services & Restoration departments.
40 hours/week on average, flexible to work overtime when required.
Hours vary between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
On-Call rotation for 24-hour emergency service
Some night and weekend work is required
Starting wage is based on relevant experience
Do you love helping people through difficult situations?
We're seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, meeting new people, with excellent communication skills, and who is self-motivated.
Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, trustworthy, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership of their responsibilities.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
Provide excellent customer service.
Perform on-site cleaning and restoration services in structures damaged by water and fire.
Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
Develop production expertise: services, cleaning products, and equipment.
Follow the SERVPRO uniform policy.
Complete documentation, as appropriate.
Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
A valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
Must be able to pass a drug test.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Must have a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
Job Type: Full-time
Supervisor 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)
License or certification:
Driver's License (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello 706-549-3366
Email Resume to: admin@SERVPROofathens.com
Burn Ban Still in Effect
According to Athens-Clarke County Unified Government it is unlawful for any person within the county to cause, suffer, allow, or permit “opening burning”. This includes yard trash and even burn barrels. In order to burn within the county you must notify the Athens-Clarke County Fire Department prior to burning and provide a copy of any required state burn permit.
These prohibitions create a safe community not only for those involved with burning of materials but for the community members. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello takes pride in being involved with a county that has regulations such as these to keep community members safe.
If you are involved in a fire related situation IMMEDIATELY call 911!
Call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello to help restore your property today. 770-267-0023
Conditions In Monroe, Madison, & Monticello Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, & Monticello to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at (770) 267-0023.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, & Monticello for mold remediation services
Winterville Marigold Parade
SERVPRO staff and their families enjoying the parade!
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello had a blast last week participating in the Winterville Marigold Parade.
We look forward to participating in this parade next year!
Burn Ban Effective in Madison, Monroe, and Neighboring Counties
Starting May 1st, a burn ban will be in effect in Madison, Monroe, and neighboring counties until September 30th. The Environmental Protection Division in the Georgia Department of Natural Resources is responsible for this ban, and they created it out of safety concerns. The ozone levels in the air can become very unhealthy during the summer in Georgia. The Environmental Protection Division has discovered that open burning is a significant cause of the ozone reaching such dangerous levels and have thus placed restrictions on burning during the summer.
If you are unsure whether or not it is okay for you to burn something or would like to obtain a burn permit, please contact the Georgia Forest Commission at 1-877-OK2-BURN.
Please contact SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello at (770) 267-0023 if you experience any fire damage to your residential or commercial property.
Why should I choose SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello for my water damage clean up?
Why should I choose a professional restoration company for water intrusion/ damage?
- Homeowners should not risk doing the work themselves as there may hidden water or moisture that may go undetected to the untrained eye. Taking into account that mold growth can occur in as little as 24-48 hours in the presence of moisture, undetected water damage can pose long term problems if not properly handled.
- Due to the potential hazards associated with water-related damage, moisture and water should be handled by properly trained and equipped professionals to ensure complete and necessary drying to prevent future harm, extensive structural damage and possible contamination.
- Improper cleanup could hinder property resale value.
- Professional restoration companies have essential tools and techniques to measure moisture in the area to ensure proper and complete drying in a timely manner.
- Water technicians should be fully aware of water or moisture-related characteristics to locate leaks or water damaged areas that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Homes and other properties are large and often expensive assets. Why run the risks associated with improper drying, deodorizing and disinfecting which can lead to potential secondary structural damage? Help protect your property’s value by calling upon a Professional.
- According to a “Residential Water Claims” article on the International Risk Management Institute website, restoration companies and contractors are often an asset in a water claim situation. The article states, “a major concern in today’s insurance climate is the problem of mold and mildew. When most restoration companies deal with water claims, every effort is made to prevent any problem with mold and mildew.” Restoration companies are in the business of salvaging rather than replacing, which could serve as a benefit to the insurance company.
Why should I choose SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello for water cleanup and restoration?
- SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello recognizes the necessity for prompt and accurate response and offer 1-4-8 Response Guidelines to help minimize additional, secondary or permanent damage and contamination. In addition, SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello is available for emergency response 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Knowledge and training are key elements in effective water removal and moisture damage. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello applies their industry knowledge, training and understanding of hoe relative humidity, temperature, vapor pressure and air movement influence drying conditions.
- Powerful and professional equipment is essential for proper mitigation and efficient restoration of water damaged areas. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello is outfitted with state-of-the-art industrial grade equipment and products to measure the extent of moisture saturation and offer proper drying, deodorizing and disinfecting of water damaged areas.
- SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello offers content restoration to restore water damaged contents and personal belongings. Often when water damage occurs, personal possessions are also damaged by water or moisture. SERVPRO Technicians work diligently to try and return personal contents to preloss conditions.
- SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello works with insurance, real estate, contracting and property management companies to offer complete file management, estimates and detailed explanations of work, including status updates, changes and feedback to keep companies fully aware of a property’s drying, cleaning and restoration status. At SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello, we know you want quality information and proof of results. SERVPRO technology is designed to support your efforts!
- Timely mitigation is key to the restoration process. Restoring property is the SERVPRO Professional’s first priority. You will appreciate the immediate response, and you will know everything possible is being done to limit the damage. Even if a loss is below the deductible amount, fast action helps assure the event will stay small!
Sewage Cleanup and Contaminated Water
The three types of contaminated water:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
Category 1 water is from a clean source like a broken water supply line or leaking faucet. If not treated quickly, this water can turn into category 2 or 3, depending on length of time, temperature, and contact with surrounding contaminants.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: "Gray Water"
Category 2 water is contaminated and could cause discomfort or illness. Examples include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death if ingested and any contact should be avoided. Examples include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
Sewage cleanup must not be taken lightly. Serious long term health issues to adults, children and even pets may occur due to bacteria, viruses and even parasites. Don't delay. Take immediate action. Call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison, and Monticello today for a free estimate.
Weather Alert and Safety
Weather can change dramatically and often quite suddenly, causing severe destruction, injuries, and even fatalities. In the last few years especially, we have witnessed increasingly violent weather phenomena. Fortunately, today's improved weather alert services are often able to warn us of impending natural disasters well before they occur. This advance warning allows people to prepare themselves and their homes to weather the storm.
A key part of disaster safety is having a sufficient amount of supplies, as well as an emergency kit. A disaster kit typically includes a bountiful supply of water for drinking and cleaning, along with non-perishable canned or packaged foods, a can opener, a first aid kit, flashlights and batteries, cell phones and chargers, emergency phone numbers, and a radio. Other useful items to have are prescription medications, supplies for infants and pets, cash, matches, and personal hygiene items.
By creating this kit and packing it ahead of time, emergency preparation becomes much easier and quicker when a natural disaster is announced. It’s equally important to have a predetermined emergency ready profile, so that each person in the house knows exactly what to do when a disaster strikes. Without a proper action plan, people often tend to first panic, acting illogically, which may put them directly in the path of danger. At SERVPRO, we can assist you in preparing your own Emergency Ready Profile for your home or business.
Call SERVPRO OF MONROE, MADISON, AND MONTICELLO today and let us help you plan your Emergency Ready Profile.