Mold in Monroe, Madison and Monticello, Georgia
Mold can spread a home in as little as 48 hours!
Mold remediation has increased throughout Georgia. Energy-efficient buildings, faulty construction, increased plumbing, and public awareness are all reasons of why mold has threatened properties.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello 770-267-0023
Gearing up for Hurricane Harvey
Our thoughts are with those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello has been dispatched to aid Hurricane Harvey victims. Our team is part of SERVPRO’s Storm Response Program. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello unites with other SERVPRO Franchises to assist the victims of storm damage.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. We respond quickly with the right resources thus limiting further damage to your property lowering the restoration cost.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 770-267-0023
Rain Damage vs. Flood Damage
What is the difference between rain damage and flood damage to your home?
Rain damage is caused by falling water. A leaky roof or window can cause rain to intrude into your home. Gutters and downspouts can also be a large contributor to rain damage. It is important to clean your gutters and downspouts to keep the rain away from your walls and windows.
Flood damage is caused by rising water. Improper grading, failing drainage, or rising creek water are all examples of how flood damage can occur in your home. Flood damage can also cause cracks to your foundation allowing excess water to intrude into your home.
It is important to professionally dry the structure so as to prevent further damage. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello uses updated technology and professionalism to treat your home as it is ours. We want to help you restore your home “Like it never even happened”.
Have Storm Damage? Call Us Today-- SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello 770-267-0023
What is Water Damage Restoration?
Water damage restoration is the act of responding immediately and using advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello professionals use innovative equipment to monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello professionals have the tools and resources for faster and reliable service.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business. At SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello, no job is too big and no question is too small. So when fire or water damage strikes your home or business, call on SERVPRO of Athens at (706)-549-3366.
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello Offers FREE Estimates!
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello is now offering FREE estimates! Call today for your FREE- no obligation- estimate for our direct cleaning services. These services include carpet and upholstery, tile and grout, and duct cleaning. SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello is ready to assist you with your general cleaning needs. Whether your Monroe, Madison & Monticello home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. We treat your home as ours and understand your needs. We take our time with our customers to educate them on our services SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello professionals are ready to help you with your cleaning and restoration needs!
For more information or to schedule your estimate for residential or commercial cleaning and restoration call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello today! 770-267-0023
Monroe, Madison & Monticello Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Monroe basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 770-267-0023
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 770-267-0023
It’s “Thyme” to Clean Your Ducts!
According to the EPA, the air inside your home may be 10 times dirtier than outside air. Dirty duct work is a major part of that problem. Our superior cleaning system, in combination with Benefect can help you breathe easier this spring. Benefect uses the essential oil of the thyme plant as our Active Ingredient, not a synthetic chemical substitute. Using real, food grade ingredients makes Benefect products a sustainable option for disinfecting and cleaning.
The process we use for cleaning your system are as follows:
- Set up and operate a 3-stage vacuum and filter system to remove and filter debris from the ductwork
- Access all return ducts, agitate to remove settled soils, vacuum and clean with compressed air.
- Access all supply ducts, agitate to remove settled soils, vacuum and clean with compressed air.
- Remove, clean, and reinstall air registers
- Repair all HVAC access points to original condition using professional repair techniques.
- Re-inspect HVAC system to certify level of cleanliness
Call SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello today to schedule your duct cleaning! 770-267-0023
When Storms or Floods hit Monroe, Madison & Monticello, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Monroe, Madison & Monticello, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 770-267-0023
Monroe, Madison & Monticello Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 770-267-0023
Monroe, Madison & Monticello Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Monroe, Madison & Monticello Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Monroe, Madison & Monticello will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 770-267-0023